1. A survey of employees at a company finds that 32 of the 88 employees who drive to work were ever late during the past year, and 18 of the 64 employees who took public transportation were ever late during the past year. At α = 0.10, is there a difference between the proportion of employees who drove who were ever late and the proportion of employees who took public transportation who were ever late?
Find the test value for the difference in the proportion of employees who were ever late for work in the past year.
Answer: [removed]Round your answer to two decimal places.
What is your decision for this test?
1. The test value is greater than the critical value of 1.960.
2. The test value is less than the critical value of 1.645.
3. The test value is greater than the critical value of 1.282.
4. The test value is less than the critical value of 1.960.
2. A company has observed that there is a linear relationship between indirect labor expense (ILE) , in dollars, and direct labor hours (DLH). Data for direct labor hours and indirect labor expense for 18 months are given in the file ILE_and_DLH.xlsx
Treating ILE as the response variable, use regression to fit a straight line to all 18 data points. What values for the intercept (a) and slope (b) do you obtain?
Place your answers, rounded to 3 decimal places, in the blanks provided. Do not use any stray punctuation marks. For example, 34.567 would be a legitimate entry.
intercept (a) = [removed]
slope(b) = [removed]
3. An investor wants to compare the risks associated with two different stocks. One way to measure the risk of a given stock is to measure the variation in the stock’s daily price changes.
In an effort to test the claim that the variance in the daily stock price changes for stock 1 is different from the variance in the daily stock price changes for stock 2, the investor obtains a random sample of 21 daily price changes for stock 1 and 21 daily price changes for stock 2.
The summary statistics associated with these samples are: n1 = 21, s1 = .848, n2 = 21, s2 = .529.
If you follow Bluman’s advice and place the larger variance in the numerator when computing the test value, at the .05 level of significance, what is the critical value associated with this test of hypothesis? Place your answer, rounded to 2 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 3.45 would be a legitimate entry. [removed]
4. When the necessary conditions are met, a two-tail test is being conducted to test the difference between two population proportions. The two sample proportions are = 0.35 and = 0.42, and the standard error of the sampling distribution of is 0.054. The calculated value of the test statistic is 1.2963.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.