1. A sales return is recorded with a credit to Inventory.
2. Merchandising consists of:
providing a service.
buying and selling products.
purchasing raw materials.
3. Michelin Jewelers completed the following transactions. Michelin Jewelers uses the perpetual inventory system. On April 2, Michelin sold $9,000 of merchandise to a customer on account with terms of 3/15, n/30. Michelin’s cost of the merchandise sold was $5,500. On April 4, the customer reported damaged goods and Michelin granted a $1,000 sales allowance. On April 10, Michelin received payment from the customer. How much cash was received from the customer?
None of these is correct
4. Which of the following assets does a merchandising company—but NOT a service company—need?
5. A purchase return of goods purchased on credit is recorded by the purchasing company as a debit to what account?
Cost of goods sold
6. Freight out is an addition to the Inventory account if the company uses the perpetual inventory method.
7. When a company is purchasing inventory, and there are either returns or allowances for damaged goods, those amounts are recorded as a debit to the Sales returns and allowances account.
False explanation: either accounts payable or cash for refund is the debit
8. Under Last-In, First-Out, the Cost of goods sold is based on the oldest purchases.
9. When a company uses the perpetual inventory method, the inventory account should stay current at all times.
10. A company purchased 100 units for $20 each on January 31. It purchased 100 units for $30 on February 28. It sold 150 units for $45 each from March 1 through December 31. If the company uses the Last-In, First-Out inventory costing method, what is the amount of Cost of goods sold on the December 31 income statement?
None of these is correct
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.